I was pretty lucky to have my camera on-hand when my daughter started to do her stunt. As I was reviewing the digital shots on my laptop, I was struck with the thought of the complete turnaround our lives took because of having her. Difficult though it may seem at times, but as the journaling said: “we wouldn’t want it any other way.”
1. Adhere Danny O pps to an orange Bazzill cs.
2. Cut a small rectangular piece of blue punchinella and adhere to the page using vellum glue dots.
3. Place the focal picture on top of the punchinella. Cut the top photo in circular shape using Simply Scrappy’s ultimate circle template and matt the bottom photo in black cs.
4. Cut out 2 circular frames using the circle template and adhere on top of the small pictures. Then cut-out 2 curved arrows on black cs using the same circle template and paste on top of the circular frame.
5. Place Scenic Route die-cut arrow on top of the focal picture to frame it.
6. Estimate the coverage of the journaling space using the clear ultimate circle and mark the edge of the space by placing masking tape on the acrylic template. Using the clear template as a guide, cut the orange pps and adhere to the page. Next, use the template to cut out a black ¼” margin using black cs and paste on top of the journaling space.
7. Cut out the sub-title using Quickutz skinnimini alphas on black cs and the main title using Cuttlebug Red Tag alpha on various remnants of pps.
8. To add dimension to the page, pop up the main title using 2mm Darys foamies and glue to the top portion of the layout.
9. Cut-out airplane drawing from the pps and adhere upside down below the title.
10. Reverse print the journaling on white cs and cut in strips. Next, cut the letters piece by piece to spell out the journaling.
11. As a final touch, glue 2 pieces of orange pps on top of the punchinella and punch through 2 black metal eyelets using crop-a-dile.
12. Stamp in the date using ordinary office dater and you are done.
Journaling Reads: Talk about lifestyle change. It was surely a complete turnaround ever since you came to our lives. But we don’t even mind at all because having you was the best thing that ever happened to us. And we wouldn’t want it any other way.
Materials Used: K&Co. Danny O pps; Bazzill cs (orange, white and black); Scraps of Kaleidoscope, Danny O and Rusty Pickle pps (for the titling); Scenic Route Die Cut (Savannah Arrows); Darys 2mm foamies; Simply Scrappy Ultimate Circle template; Cuttle Bug Red Tag Sale alpha dies; Quickutz Lemonade SkinniMini cookie cutter dies.
Others: Punchinella; Eyelets.