Friday, April 18, 2008

3 Wishes

For sure, I am not alone in stating that it terrifies me sometimes to share my layouts in public for fear of falling short of other people’s expectations. This is actually the main reason why for three months, I was immobilized and therefore went on a self-proclaimed hiatus. Just to sort myself and my priorities. Why and for whom I am scrapping in the first place. It happens sometimes, you know, when we are in the thick of the matter that we would look up and find ourselves lost.

In the end I realized, I am doing this for myself… because it makes me HAPPY. So it shouldn’t matter what people think. But I would have to admit, the fear of embarrassment is still at the back of my mind. It hasn’t really gone away. I just chose to ignore it as much as I could, focus on my main goal and also on the task at hand. Hopefully, as I gain more experience, my self-confidence would follow.

Journaling reads:
I wish I would not mind so much what other people think of my layouts and learn to trust my own instinct. That I would not be so easily intimidated by the hordes of talent surrounding me.
I wish I will learn to relax and not “live by the rules”. That I will learn to play and enjoy the process as it should be.
I wish to train my thoughts not to get distracted from the main purpose why I am scrapping in the first place. That is to document my family’s lives for posterity and to write down my thoughts and experiences so that my daughter may benefit from them in the future even when I am not around anymore. But most importantly, because it makes me HAPPY. Just about the only time I am made unhappy with scrapbooking is whenever I am riddled with the fear of judgment and expectations. I wish I can overcome these uncertainties and finally fulfill my 3 wishes.

Materials used: Perhaps CS (Firebird); Crate Paper “Samantha Collection” PPS; Fancy Pants rub-on; Brenda Walton Grand adhesions; 7 Gypsies photo anchor; Swarovski gem.
Others: Beige CS; Lace; Rick rack.
Computer Font: Bookman Old Style

No comments: