I know, by professional standard, this picture would have been considered as a bad shot. But I just love the interaction going on between my husband and our daughter that despite my poor framing, I just have to scrap it. In fact, if you ask me, this is one of my favorite pictures of them together :D
1 - doting father who always misses his daughter every minute of the day.
1 - funny little girl who loves to laugh at the drop of a hat.
1 - ordinary afternoon together.
Mix all ingredients thoroughly and add a pinch of a silly joke. Allow to sit in a corner and take liberal amount of snapshots. Cook to perfection and serve with love. What you will have is a tender moment of a father and daughter having a good time together.
Technique Used: Paper piercing; Distressing.
Materials Used: Noteworthy Addie Pattern Stripe pps; NW Delaney Ledger Circle pps; NW Addie DieCut Circle pps; K&Co chipboard; Cardstock (black; white); Craft cardstock; Flowers; Brads; Rub-ons.
Others: Sizzlits alpha die (Monkey Tails); Mouse pad; Corkboard pin; Simply Scrappy circle template; Coluzzle knife and cutting pad; MM paper scraper.
Adhesive Used: Adhesive Tech.
Computer Font: Love Letter TW.
1. Matt the 5”x7” colored photo with black cardstock. Distress all edges of the cardstock using MM paper scraper.
2. Using the mouse pad as a base, place the NW Delaney Ledger Circle pps on top of it and start piercing around the circle design using a pin (Top Tip: Use a corkboard pin so you will have a handle. It will be easier for you to control where you are going and it would not be too tiresome for your fingers). After completing the piercing process, tear out the circles along the dotted lines. Repeat the same process with the NW Addie Pattern Stripe pps to create a faux ½” ribbon.
Designer’s Note: Paper Piercing is a good technique to use by scrappers who have difficulty in using cutting blade to cut out intricate designs. Not only will it be easier to cut and tear around the design, it will also give your pps added texture.
3. Cut NW Addie DieCut Circle pps to size. Then with Corel Draw, type out the journaling using the font, Love Letter TW and print onto the pps.
4. Using the Sizzlits alpha die, Monkey Tails, cut 3 sets of the spelled out title “Good Times” with white cardstock. Then cut a 4th set using the orange portion of the NW Delaney Ledger Circle pps. Glue the four (4) layers of each letter together with the orange pps on top thereby creating dimensional letters.
5. For the sub-title, cut and matt two pps together and distress all sides using MM paper scraper. Then spell out “recipe for a” using black rub-on letters on each tiny matted rectangles.
6. Glue all components as shown on the layout using Adhesive Tech glue with a craft cardstock as base.
7. Embellish the page with rub-on, chipboard, flowers and mini-brads.
8. As a finishing touch, cut the inner portion of 2 pierced circles using a circle template, coluzzle knife and cutting pad. Add to the page forming an imaginary triangle to frame the focal picture and journaling.