Journaling Reads: This picture is begging to be scrapped simply because you looked adorable in it.
Inspiration: Becky Fleck's June 2006 Page Map sketch.
Materials Used: Daisy D's Playground Plaid and Sidewalk Chalk Plaid pps; Heidi Swapp Hibiscus foam stamp; Memory Makers Magnetic Stamp (Rummage); Craft Express chipboard alphabet; Imaginations Camp Grandma stickers.
Other Materials: Simply Scrappy Circle Template; Acrylic paint; Pigment Ink; Embossing powder; Ribbons; Colored staple wire.
1. Cut out the scalloped edge using the smallest circle in Simply Scrappy's circle template.
2. Lightly pencil a circle outline and use it as a guide for foam stamping the hibiscus flowers using acrylic paint. Then attach the picture w/c was outlined w/ white acrylic paint and stamp the corner w/ more hibiscus flowers. (By the way, don't do what I did... as expected, I was in a hurry again to stick my components together that I neglected to paint the edges of the photo 'before' attaching it. Doh! I was forced to mask the paper outside of the photo with magic tape before using a brush to paint the white outline on the picture. Important note: run the magic tape on your clothes several times to lessen the stickiness before using it to mask the paper)
3. Paint the chipboard alphabet with lavender acylic paint. Let it dry and attach w/ liquid glue to the page.
4. Use alphabet stickers to spell out the sub-title.
5. Use pigment ink and alphabet rubber stamp for the journaling. Then sprinkle w/ embossing powder and set w/ heat gun.
6. For the finishing touch, attach 3 different ribbons using colored staple wire.