Tuesday, October 9, 2007


I was preparing for the Kaya 4 challenge so I decided to do a layout to try the techniques I intended to use for the actual entry. This may seem like a simple page but the procedure is somewhat tedious. If there is one problem I have, it is the grouping of items. Since the Kaya challenge involves ephemera, I thought it would be interesting to do a collage.

Since, like I said, this is primarily a test-LO, I decided not to give myself a hard time and simply scraplifted from Pagemaps' August issue. This was originally interpreted by Becky Fleck in a 8.5"x11" format. I converted it to 12"x12" but had to make adjustments. Good thing the flower I used was big enough to extend and cover the empty space on the side. I entitled it "Sensitive" because Biscuit has this adorably, sensitive face. Very expressive (in my own biased opinion, that is - LOL).

Journaling Reads: You had to have a heart of stone not to fall in love with a face like this.

Techniques Used: Collage; Distressing; Sewing; Paper tearing; Crackle-finish.

Materials Used: 7 Gypsies PPS; Rusty Pickle PPS; DCWV white-core CS; Craft Express alphabet chipboard; K&Co. chipboard; Prima flower; MM Brads; Staz-On; Dymo tape; Crackle medium; Acrylic paint; Brass embellies; Ribbons; Buttons; Metal bookplate.
Other Materials: Simply Scrappy deckler and sewing template.

1 comment:

Liddy said...

Gorgeous cat and I love the layout, really cool.