Wednesday, October 10, 2007

San Francisco


Well, whaddayaknow, this time, it ain't a scraplift - hehehe. Plus, I got to use some of those trinkets in the $1 bag of buttons and mismatched jewelries I bought from a flea market on a trip from Chicago. I've been hoarding this bag for years so I'm thrilled that my being a pack rat finally paid off.
By the way, notice that nameplate which I turned sideways? It is made of aluminum. In order to distress it and turn it to pewter grey, I got myself a sponge and lightly dipped it in black Staz-On. Then I dabbed it onto the silver nameplate leaving a speckled effect which is really kewl - I liked it! :D Give it a try, you'd be surprised how easy it is.
Hidden Journaling Reads: It was supposed to be a family trip but for Alain and I, it felt like a long-overdue honeymoon. Out of all the places we went to, San Francisco is the one place we held dearest to our heart. We both adore the quaint rows of houses, sloping streets, cable cars, picture windows with a cat perched on it drinking in the sun and its beautiful, cold weather. It felt like we were both transported back in time and we were like the cat drinking in every minute of it. Even now, whenever I close my eyes, I can almost smell the cinnamon and orange-peel potpourri which permeates the hallway of the Cartwright Hotel where we stayed in. We both yearn to come back someday, just the two of us to rekindle our romance with San Francisco and fall in love with each other all over again.

Materials Used: DCWV white core CS; Rusty Pickle Mayflower PPS (Priscilla Mullins; Myles Standish; Capt. William Bradford); Prima flower; Craft Express chipboard alphabet; Tres Jolie Tres Bien play card; MM Acrylic Paint; Staz-On.

Other Materials Used: Railway tickets; paper crimper; cotton lace; brass embelise; silver nameplate; U.S. coins; ribbons.

2 comments:

Alley said...

Happened across your blog through another one. Love the pages, your very creative.

iris said...

I love this layout of yours Nita! Very beautiful!! I like the grouping of embelies in one corner and the texture you added by including a corrugated board. Plus all those little details. Wow!!