Thursday, June 12, 2008

Christmas in June

I am not much of a holidays scrapper. In fact, I try to veer away from seasonal pages if I can help it. You wouldn't believe this, but I have yet to scrap Sam's very first trick or treat event. Piles of pictures awaits but I am dilly-dallying as usual. But having a fast-growing daughter somehow dictates that I document as much as I could about her life and that includes the dreaded traditional holiday pages. It took me so long to finally gather the guts to do this layout that it is now June and I am just starting to do her Christmas LO. I am such a slow scrapper - aaarrgh.

These series of pictures you see here are actually bad shots. The poor lighting somewhat made them all blurry. But I loved the fact that they captured my daughter's excitement about the season and the blurred hands made it seem like she is waving her arms to create a snow angel. So I decided, why not convert them into black and white. Somehow, the change unintentionally made the pictures look timeless and classical which I loved.

Journaling Reads: Your reaction was so spontaneous. The minute you saw the 14' tree, you started dancing around it like an angel. (Actually, the tree was only 9', but you sure made it seem taller) - Simoun '07.

Materials Used: Scrapworks Season of Joy PPS (Trim a Tree & Mistletoe); Scrapworks shimmer shapes (Season of Joy assortment); American Crafts Roller Rink glitter letter stickers; WRMK Comstock Collection PPS (Ginger); K& Co. chipboard; Brilliance dew drop ink pad (Moonlight White); Reeves glitter glue.

Others: Quickutz Magnolia cookie cutter dies; Inque Boutique rubber stamps (Boutique Grunge & Narrative Elements); sewing machine; Making Memories edge scraper; EK Success corner punch.

No comments: